Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Billboard Drafts

I couldnt find any examples of billboards for magazine. So i just looked at the others and addapted mine.




This is the rough draft of where i wanted to position things.  I am including a little image of the actually magazine front cover





This is the first one i put together. I choose to use the name of the magazine to sell the magazine. This one is just a play about, the text isn't in the middle and looking at it; it doesn't look like a good billboard. I could maybe consider making the image bigger so people could see what they are buying because the front cover has to catch peoples eyes just like it would in a shop. Also i changed the colour of the word Christmas to green to make it more christmasee, however i don't really think it looks good, since  i am going for an elegant look. I tired to create a good background by having the black and white rather than just a plain white background, however i don't think it looks that nice, but ill have a play around with the other bits first then see what the background looks like.






I have now made the image bigger, i think that looks a lot better. Also doesn't leave as much white space which isn't good. I have also got rid of the green but it still seems like there is something missing. It is very plain and white. Defiantly have to change the background colour.



I then changed the background colour. I keep going back to green thinking it will work, but it really doesn't. I wouldn't read that if i saw it on a billboard. I also changed some of the text to black. But everything looks really random, it doesn't blend well together.




I have now went for a more modern look. However it seems to be too dark. I do like the colour of the background but it just overpowers the text. Also i don't like how 'Manx Experience' is positioned. I think i just have a few more adjustments to make. I am going to make the back ground more lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment