Friday, March 16, 2012

Contents Page Drafts

I want my contents page to have the same type of style as my front cover. So i started my ideas with plain black and white and i thought i could include something Christmas associated  considering it is around the Christmas time.



This was my first attempt of my contents page. I thought that i wanted to include the title of the magazine and tried it at the top corner, because the 'manx tails' magazine that i researched had that written in the top right corner. However i don't really think that it looks stylish. I choose a white background, because the cover is so dark. I don't want to give the impression of a dark dull magazine. Also i put the date on the top left and choose to put Christmas tree's either side of it. I like the idea of using something like this, but just not sure if this looks the best. I then thought it would be a good idea to section of the page to place the text. However it didn't seem to be even on both sides so i stopped half way through completing this to go on to changing it.




I like the layout of this one a lot better. I decided to get ride of the title of the magazine. I added two 3 legs of man as well. I moved the Christmas trees to either side of the 'Contents'. I'm undecided about them though because i think they look out of place. I then started to position the text and the images. I want to keep all the text towards the left hand side and the images to the right hand side.



I added more text and the rest of the images to get a better idea of how it looks. I'm not sure about having the Christmas tree's there, it makes it less sophisticated then how i want it. Also not sure about the 3 legs of man.

No comments:

Post a Comment